Sayings that I like, words of wisdom from wise people.
– teachers open the door. You enter by yourself
– no matter how big and bad you are, when a small child hands you a toy phone, you answer it
– I dream of a better world where more chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
– even duck tape can’t fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound
– a good book is the cheapest holiday ever
– to err is human. To blame somebody else is strategic
(photos by Bruce Broughton)
– its not what you gather but what you scatter that shows what kind of life you lead
– in 3 words I can sum up everything I know about life: IT GOES ON
– wow, that’s a nice pair of crocs! said nobody ever
– to live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong
– your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn
– I used to go skinny-dipping; nowadays its chunky-dunking
– I am young at heart; the rest is somewhat older
– a man who wants to lead an orchestra must turn his back to the crowd
– go as far as you can see. When you get there you will see further.
– attitudes are mirrors of the mind: they reflect thinking
– how we think shows in how we act
– if a window of opportunity appears, don’t pull the curtain
– if you command wisely you will be obeyed cheerfully
– leadership is the art of getting someone to do what you want done because he wants to do it
– if opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door
– millions saw the apple fall; only Newton asked why
– if you can’t get rid of the skeleton in your closest, teach it how to dance
– leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.
– don’t find fault. Find a remedy
Catherine Broughton is an artist and an author. Her books are available on Amazon & Kindle, or can be ordered from most book stores and libraries. For your copy of one of Catherine Broughton’s novels, set in Spain, click below:-
For more wise quotations visit: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/wise.html
If you enjoyed this item, please share!