Bullfinch; facts about the bullfinch – in a nutshell !
A few bullfinch facts:-
– there are 4 varieties of bullfinch
– they can be found all over Europe, Asia and Japan
– they stay with the same partner all year, maybe for many years
– they have two or three broods of eggs each year
– females are dominant over the males
– they eat buds and their short stubby beaks are especially developped for this
– when they have young to feed they also catch insects
– English bullfinches tend to stay in the same area and do not venture far whereas other bullfinches can travel south when the weather is cold
– bullfinches in northern Europe are bigger and brighter than others
If you liked this item please share!
Catherine Broughton is a novelist, a poet and an artist. She lives most of the year in France, with extended patches in Belize and in the UK. She was born & raised in Africa and has lived as an ex-pat, in one country or another, almost all her life. Her books are available as e-books on this site (click below), can be ordered from Amazon/Kindle or from any leading book store or library.
https://payhip.com/b/tEva “A Call from France”
https://payhip.com/b/OTiQ ”French Sand”
https://payhip.com/b/BLkF “The Man with Green Fingers”
https://payhip.com/b/1Ghq “Saying Nothing”
Amazon link for one of Catherine Broughton’s novels:-
For more about the birds of Britain:-